French police have arrested a suspect following a blast in the city of Lyon that wounded 13 people last week, Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said Monday.
Castaner announced the development on Twitter. A statement later from Paris prosecutors, who handle all terrorism-related cases, said a 24-year-old was arrested in Lyon and has been placed in custody.
Police had launched a large manhunt after a device exploded Friday on a busy pedestrian street in the central city. Regional authorities said the 13 wounded suffered mostly minor injuries.
President Emmanuel Macron called the explosion an "attack" but no group has claimed responsibility for the explosion yet.